New Directions helps individuals gain marketable skills through specialized college-level and vocational training that can lead to immediate entry into many career and technical occupations.
The program offers supplemental funding to Pell eligible students enrolled in a vocational
certificate or A.S. degree program with a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA.
Application Submission Time Frame
Fall Semester: August - November
Spring Semester: December - April
Summer Semester: May - July
Am I Eligible?
You must meet at least one of the eligibility requirements to take advantage of the services offered through New Directions:
- Single Parent (male or female)
- Displaced Homemaker
- Non-Traditional Student (those careers having less than 25% of their gender)
- Students with Documented Disabilities (must show verification)
- Individuals with limited English proficiency
and meet all of the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in an Associate in Sciences or Occupational Certificate
- Completed the current FAFSA
- Have a Cumulative GPA 2.50 or higher
- Not on Financial Aid Suspension
- Demonstrated need not met by Pell Grant or other scholarships
- Participants are required to show updated college transcripts.
- Participants must complete a mid-term grade review.
- Participants must also provide a new class schedule.
For more information please contact
Center For Women & Men
Funding for New Directions is made possible in part through the support of Daytona State College and Florida Department of Education, Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Postsecondary Programs, Section 132