Daytona State College is a proud member of the Volusia Manufacturers Association
Industrial Maintenance Training Series
Daytona State College is launching a new Industrial Maintenance Training Series. Training will include Basic Hydraulic Systems, Basic Pneumatic Systems, Process Control Systems, Maintenance Welding, and Maintenance Piping. The first offering in the series is Level and Flow Process Control Systems.
Level and Flow Process Control Systems
Level and flow process control systems provide precise control of liquids and gases in industrial areas including power generation, petrochemicals, food processing, and manufacturing. These systems control liquid and gas variables like flow rate, pressure, temperature, liquid level, density, and pH levels. This course covers: adhering to process control systems safety rules; reading and interpreting process control documentation; calibrating and testing analog sensors and final control elements; and installing and operating a basic controller.
- Introduction to Process Control – this module includes an introduction to process control concepts, safety, manual control, and sight gauges.
- Process Instrument Identification – this module covers block diagrams, instrument tag fundamentals, and interpreting instrument tags.
- Process Schematics – this module covers line symbols, valve and pump symbols, level and flow sensing elements, pressure and temperature sensing elements, and instrument index.
- Process Controllers – this module covers loop controllers, loop controller parameters, and manual operation.
- Pneumatic Proportional Valves – this module covers I/P converter operation, I/P converter calibration, proportional control valves, and three-way proportional control valves.
- Liquid Level Transducers – this module covers level sensor operation, level sensor signal measurement, and display scaling.
- On/Off Level Control – this module covers relay-based on/off control, and process meter on/off control.
- Closed Loop Level Control – this module covers closed loop liquid level control, and alarm functions.
- PID Control – this module covers performance concepts, proportional control, proportional-integral control, and proportional-integral-derivative control.
- Closed-Loop Flow Control – this module covers flow measurement units, flow sensors, flow measurement, and basic flow control.
- Basic Loop Tuning – this module covers resolution, accuracy and repeatability, open-loop tuning, and closed loop tuning.
- Industrial Maintenance Lab – courses are taught in Daytona State College’s new Industrial Maintenance Lab where students perform hands-on work on industrial quality equipment.
- Class-Size – is small allowing more time for hands-on learning.
- Web-based curriculum – in addition to class time, curriculum is available to the students 24/7.
Course Schedule (because of the limited class size, the course is offered twice.
Starts: June 1
Ends: August 19
Days: Monday and Wednesday
Time: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Starts: June 2
Ends August 20
Days: Tuesday and Thursday
Time: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Location: Daytona State College, Advanced Technology College, 1770 Technology Blvd.,
Daytona Beach, FL 32117
For assistance with training costs, contact:
CareerSource Flagler Volusia at (386) 561-9750 or Training@CareerSourceFV.com
(Participants are subject to eligibility requirements)
To register e-mail Joanne.Parker@DaytonaState.edu or 386-506-4224.
Industrial Technology Maintenance Courses In Development
- Basic Pneumatic Systems
- Basic Hydraulic Systems
- Maintenance Piping
- Maintenance Welding
For more information
E-mail Frank.Mercer@DaytonaState.edu or call 386-506-4461.