The Florida TRADE Consortium is a partnership of twelve Florida state and community colleges. The group has been awarded a $15 million grant from the U.S. Department of Labor to develop and implement technical training programs and services for displaced and unemployed workers, incumbent workers, students and returning veterans that will lead to employment in today’s high-tech manufacturing market.
We have workers with the skills you need!
Florida is home to approximately 14,500 manufacturers like you who employ almost 329,000 people. By 2014, the top 15 largest growing manufacturing sectors will add nearly 13,000 new jobs in Florida and are looking for workers skilled in:
- OSHA 30 General Industry Certification Course - NEW COURSE was $179 NOW $99
- CNC Machining
- MSSC –CPT
- Six Sigma
- Solid Works
Daytona State College’s Manufacturing Fast-Track Program can help you start building a technical career that offers good pay and growth opportunities. In this 11-week course you will develop an initial set of technical skills that can lead to certifications, internships and job interviews with our partnering manufacturing companies.
Florida TRADE Program Career Pathways
The Florida TRADE program courses are part of three potential career pathways, Machining: Operator, Welding, and the Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) pathway. These pathways provide vision and direction by laying out the relationship between education and potential occupations and careers.
- Two-day Ready to Work Assessment
- New Industry Awareness Cluster courses
- 80 hours of Certified Production Technician (CPT) credential skills
- 150 hours of National Institute of Metal Working Skills (NIMS)
- Preparation for certification exams
- Training covering employer expectations and how to conduct yourself in an interview
- Hands-on training in a variety of Core Manufacturing Skills
- Two-week internships with a partnering manufacturer that will be looking to interview YOU!
For more information, contact
Fax: (386) 506-4465