Daytona State College's Computing Commons serves students, faculty, staff and other members of the college community by providing access to the latest in computer technology in a relaxed, informal setting. The Computing Commons has served 1,101,521 users since opening in 2001.
The Daytona Campus location in bldg. 210, rm. 201 (mezzanine area) offers a glassed-in, Quiet Study area, where students can use a PC to complete academic projects and online tests/quizzes. A Tech Assistant is present at all times to assist Commons users with computers, software and printer operations and to see that the Computing Commons equipment is maintained in proper working order.
We also offer:
- Student Assistance through our Falcon-AID Student Help Desk via phone (386) 506-4243, email FalcondAid@DaytonaState.edu or in person.
- Three Quiet Study rooms that can be accessed through reservations at the Commons Help Desk.
- Three computer classrooms equipped with audiovisual technologies. These classrooms are available to faculty members for reservations, for short sessions of Web-related PowerPoint presentations and/or Web orientations.
- Access to Dell NetBooks to check out for use in the Library. The NetBooks will access the Internet through DSC's FalconAir Wireless and are loaded with the latest Windows 7 and Office 2007 software.
- Access to Medical Transcription resources.
- Desks equipped with electrical outlets for laptop users.
- We offer student employment opportunities as Tech Assistants, which provide hands-on training for students pursuing a degree/career in an information or computer technology field.
- We also offer access to three Commons areas at our branch campuses: Daytona ATC, (386) 506-4101, Deland, (386) 785-2005, and New Smyrna Beach-Edgewater, (383) 423-6345. All are equipped with the latest academic hardware and software applications.
Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Monday – Thursday 7:30 a.m – 9 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday Closed
For more information visit our website at: www.daytonastate.edu/commons/ or contact:
IT Computing Commons Help Desk