Teachers and public school employees who want to take courses for teacher certification or re-certification must complete the admission application. In addition, applicants must:
- Contact the certification specialist in their county educational system for additional information and approval of courses before you register
- Submit an official transcript showing that a Bachelor’s degree was previously earned
- Receive clearance as a volunteer by Volusia County Schools. Download the Application to
- Volunteer and submit to the address at the top of the form. In the 3rd box, indicate "Daytona State College" as the College Name and "email@example.com" as the Professor's Name.
- Inaccurate or incomplete information may delay your results. The clearance is good for five years.
- Submit a tuition waiver form if your county educational system will be paying for the classes.
Check the academic calendar for specific dates for the registration of state employees.