Daytona State College welcomes international students. The Admissions Office should be contacted three to six months prior to your anticipated enrollment so you can obtain an international student admissions packet. The packet contains the required information for admission to Daytona State and should be submitted at least 90 days before the start of each term.
The following official records are required to support your application for admission to Daytona State College:
- Application - Complete the International Student Application for Admission. You can apply online or by downloading our application and submitting it by mail, fax, email, or in person at any campus.
- Transcripts - College transcript requirements can be viewed at Daytonastate.edu/catalog/adm/transcripts.html. International students must submit all required transcripts prior to acceptance.
- Verify Finances - Complete the Verification of Finances Form, which is available from the Admissions Office online at Daytonastate.edu/admissions.html. Complete both pages. Submit supporting documentation such as bank letters, award letters, etc. All financial documents must be in English and U.S. dollars. Additional instructions are available from the Admissions Office.
- English Language Proficiency - If you are a citizen of a country where the official language is not English, you must provide one of the following:
- TOEFL Scores – 61 on the Internet Based Test (IBT); 173 on the Computerized / International version. You can schedule a test or request your scores at www.toefl.org. Daytona State’s ETS school code is 5159. TOEFL scores are good for two years from the date of the test.
- IELTS Bandwidth of 5.5 or higher is also accepted in place of TOEFL.
- Proof of completion of the equivalent of ENC1101, Introduction to Composition
- Proof of graduation from a United States high school
- Students who are citizens of countries where the primary language is English, as identified by the Department of State, are not required to submit proof of English language proficiency.
- Transfer / Transient Clearance Form – available from the Admissions Office; to be completed by your current / home institution prior to acceptance at Daytona State College
- Copy of your I-94
- Copy of your most recent I-20
- Copy of your visa
After the admission requirements are met:
- Daytona State College will mail you the I-20 eligibility form attached to your acceptance letter. Pay the SEVIS fee at http://www.fmjfee.com prior to attending the U.S. Consulate.
- Take the I-20 eligibility form to the U.S. Consulate in your native country and apply for a student visa.
- Travel to Daytona State College at least three weeks before classes start to complete the registration process for the best selection of class availability.
- Report to the International Student Advisor on the Daytona Beach Campus.
- Take the placement test in Assessment Services.
- Speak with an academic advisor and register for classes.
- Show proof of health and accident insurance coverage to the Office of Student Accounts. Students who do not or cannot show proof will be covered through Daytona State College’s group insurance and automatically billed in their fee statement.
- Attend the International Student Orientation.
**International students must maintain full-time status (12 credits or greater) regardless of program requirements. Exceptions may apply to the last semester of enrollment or by permit only for special circumstances. For more information, please contact the International Student Advisor.
Medical insurance is mandatory for all international students. Daytona State offers insurance for international students through Bert Reams Insurance Services, Inc. That office can be reached at (386) 252-6699, ext. 338, or by emailing email@example.com. Please contact Global Education & Affairs at (386) 506-3837, email bradyj@DaytonaState.edu, if you have any questions. All other students may contact Bert Reams Insurance Services or other preferred insurance providers for their insurance needs.