We strongly encourage survivors of crimes, including sexual assault and sexual misconduct such as domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking, to consider the following resources. survivors of these crimes should also know their rights.
On-Campus Counseling Services
Daytona State College Counseling Services provides confidential short-term counseling services to students, and links them to local community mental health professionals for long-term counseling, treatment, or therapeutic intervention. Counselors are licensed and experienced mental health professionals. Services include asssessment, crisis stabilization, and community referral. These services are available for free to all students on the Daytona Beach campus and all regional campuses.
Community Victims' Advocacy and Mental Health Resources
- Daytona Beach Police Dept.
- (386) 671-5100
- Volusia County Sheriff’s Dept.
- (386) 248-1777 (Daytona)
- (386) 736-5999 (DeLand)
- New Smyrna Beach Police Dept.
- (386) 424-2220
- Edgewater Police Dept.
- (386) 424-2425
- Flagler County Sheriff’s Dept.
- (386) 437-4116
- Stewart-Marchmann ACT Behavioral Healthcare
- 24 Hour Hotline (800) 539-4228
- (386) 239-7710
- Domestic Abuse Council of Volusia County, Florida
State and National Resources
- FloridaHealth.gov Sexual Abuse or Violence Prevention
- Florida Department of Children and Families
- Florida Abuse Hotline
- (800) 962-2873
- TTY (800) 453-5145
- Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- NotAlone- A national program launched to protect students from sexual assault. NotAlone.gov offers references to several local, state, and national resources.
- National Sexual Assault Hotline
- (800) 656-4673 (HOPE)
- https://www.rainn.org/get-help/national-sexual-assault-hotline (Live chat available online)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- (800) 799-7233
- http://www.thehotline.org/ (Live chat available online)