All ASC tutors can help with use and formatting in MS Office, navigation of DSC website, online classes and resources. Tutoring for academic subjects (depending on schedule and availability) include the following:
- Computer Science
- Modern Languages
- American Sign Language
How Tutoring Can Help You!
- Tutoring is available on all campuses.
- All tutoring is free of charge to currently enrolled and registered students.
- Tutoring is offered on a question and answer basis for most subjects. Writing assistance is also available through the College Writing Center.
How You Can Help Your Tutor:
Please bring the following to help the tutor assist your academic needs:
- Course syllabus
- Class assignment
- Pen or pencil
- Textbook or other course materials
- Suitable time and a positive attitude to accomplish the task at hand
- Assist you in finding resources to complete your assignments.
- Answer questions about course concepts.
- Provide assistance with basic computer and software.
- Review and explain assignments. (Certain limitations on assistance may apply on particular assignments depending on instructor or department policy).
- Offer suggestions on how to study course content in order to reach your academic goals.
- Provide patient and helpful assistance in a positive environment.
- Do homework assignments for you.
- Assist with "In Class" math assignments.
- Assist on tests or quizzes.
- Provide personal opinions on instructor, grade, or subject matter.
- Assist more than the resources of the ASC will allow.