Like us on Facebook
- So, who won the Valentine Basket?
- Spring Membership Drive
- Win a Valentine Basket filled with yummy chocolate and wine for two
- Valentine’s Day Fund Raiser
- Wear Jeans on Friday, Oct. 26 - $5 pink pins
- 2nd Annual DSC Puts the PINK ON
- Cookbook fundraiser - submit your recipes by Oct. 19
- Inaugural Holiday Bazaar, Thursday, Nov. 15 - event flier
- Holiday Cookbook - submit your recipes by Oct. 12
- Inaugural Holiday Bazaar - Thursday, Nov. 15 - submit vendor application by Oct. 24 **REGISTRATION CLOSED DUE TO OVERWHELMING RESPONSE**
- Chapter Year Book Entry for 2012, compiled by Dr. Kathleen Lazarus and Terrie Greenbaum
- Send us your wine corks and other Earth Day activities at Daytona State
- Celebrate Spring with Dinner and a Play! - Saturday, March 31
- Chapter Officers' Meeting - March 8 - click to view minutes
- Put a Cork In It! - wine bottle cork recycling/upcycling initiative
- Region III Spring Conference - Friday, April 6
- Saturday, Feb. 18 - AFC invites college community to show support for Falcon athletes
- Chapter Officer's Meeting - Feb. 15, 2012 - click here to read minutes
- Chapter's first meeting of 2012 - Thursday, Jan. 26 at 2 p.m. - Bergengren Hall (#110), Rm. 112 - for those who weren't able to attend this meeting in person or via Adobe Connect, click here to view a recording of this meeting. Our thanks to Dr. Eaton for welcoming members as well as non-members, and for showing her support for this state-wide organization.
- Chapter wins "Silver" at 62nd Annual Convention
- Find out how much the chapter raised during the "DSC Puts the Pink ON" activity
- DSC Puts the Pink ON
- 2010 A Year in Review
- Chapter wins "Gold" at 61st Annual Convention
- Convention Service Project
- Wear Jeans to Work - Friday, Oct. 8 - $5 Breast Cancer Awareness Pins - more than $1,500 raised
- Chapter Chatter - Region III
- "Meet the Candidates" - Sept. 22
- Chapter Meeting - Sept. 21 at 3 p.m., Theater Center
- Golden Lion, Flagler Beach, Sept. 18, 5 - 11 p.m.
- Chapter Newsletter # 2
- "Going for Gold" - Chapter of the Year entry
- Landscaping Challenge - Saturday, July 10 - view slideshow of the "challenge"
- Stuff the Bus
- Wine Tasting/Social/Fundraiser - Thursday, May 27
- Membership Meeting - Thursday, May 13 Minutes
- Wine Tasting/Social/Fundraiser - Thursday, May 6
- Employee Benefits Fair - Friday, April 16
- Join the 180 MPH Club and support Second Chance Rescue
- Legislative - Retirement Issues
- Second Chance Rescue - community service project for 2010
- Operation Shoebox
- Oct. 2, 2009 - Wear Jeans on Friday
- Sept. 19, 2009 - Yard Sale to benefit SCR - 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- July 10, 2009 - "Cruise Night" for Cars, Trucks & Motorcycles - 6 - 9 p.m.
- April 28, 2009 - Ice Cream Social and Membership Meeting - 2 p.m.
- April 7, 2009 - Softball Home Game, 4 p.m. - Softball Facilities
- Through April 22 - Change Challenge - fundraiser for Relay for Life
- Feb. 24, 2009 - FACC Pasta Dinner, 4:30 - 6 p.m. in the J. M. Goddard Center on the Daytona Beach Campus
- Jan. 29, 2009 - Membership Meeting at 2:30 p.m.
- FACC Chapter adopts animal rescue organization
- Jan. 14, 2009 - Chapter Social at Cancun Lagoon in support of Second Chance Rescue - see flyer
Recap of Events for 2007
- In Jan. we had a brainstorming meeting and tried to get feedback from our chapter through our first on-line survey.
- In Feb. we had a Chapter meeting in the faculty dining room - Panera's donated over $100.00 worth of product for our breakfast. Turn-out was moderate. The new cabinet was introduced and ideas for upcoming events were discussed. We'd like to hear if you have any ideas that come to mind for membership drives, partnerships, charity events, and the like. Email any of your Cabinet members.
- Feb: emails were sent out requesting those of you who needed to participate in any of the commission/committee events State-wide so that we could forecast budget figures for upcoming events, especially for the following year.
- Feb: Norm Shepard was honored as an honorary lifetime member. Kudos to Norm!
- In March, Perrott Dist. donated $40 worth of product for our St. Patty's Day basket. Debbie Stelling won. Ticket sales produced approx. $100.
- On March 15th, we had a membership drive / social at Cancun Lagoon. They donated over $200 in product. Turn-out was low. Those who came out enjoyed free food and beverage outside while we were serenaded by the local talent.
- In April, we were present at the Benefits Fair with our customary table.
- The AFC Book Scholarship Fund continues to nourish the needs of our constituents.
- April: we'v e begun to work up a budget for the following year so that more of our local chapter members may attend various conferences around the State. As we begin to ascertain figures and obtain feedback, we will shortly submit a request for increased AFC SPD dollars; thus, enabling more participation for various important functions - both regionally and out-of-district.
- (For example, Norm Shepard and Charlene Latimer will be attending the Student Development Commission in two weeks, as they responded to the email requesting our members' intentions for said events)