Students attending a public school or eligible private school in Volusia & Flagler county are eligible to participate in Daytona State's Dual Enrollment program. We encourage students to consult with their parents/legal guardians and Dual Enrollment school representative to determine eligibility for the challenge of college level coursework.
Deadline for Spring 2021 - November 25th
*Students must complete their DSC admissions application and submit a signed dual enrollment form with courses selected by this date to be enrolled*
*Please note that Volusia County Schools students will need to speak with their school counselor to obtain a signed dual enrollment form before 11/20 when the schools close for the Holiday break.
Eligibility Requirements for Spring 2021:
- Be enrolled in 6th - 12th grade
- Have a GPA in a high school level course.
- College Credit programs require a minimum of a 3.0 unweighted high school GPA and qualifying test scores.
- Vocational programs require a minimum 2.0 cumulative, unweighted high school GPA, and qualifying test scores.
- Students need to begin the conversation with their school counselor to verify gpa, eligibility, high school graduation requirements, and college readiness.
- Follow these steps to complete an online admissions application, selecting Dual Enroll as your Academic Plan.
- PLACEMENT TESTING - PERT and TABE testing available by appointment only –
- Click here to schedule an appointment for Daytona Beach, Deland, Deltona, and Flagler/Palm Coast.
- If you would like to take a test on the New Smyrna Beach-Edgewater Campus, please contact them directly at 386-423-6328 or email NSBAssessment@DaytonaState.edu to make an appointment.
- Email or meet with your school counselor for confirmation of eligibility and a signed Dual Enrollment Form.
- Once the form is complete - signed by student, parent, and school counselor - it can be emailed to email@example.com to begin the advising and registration process. *All email responses will be sent to the student's DSC FalconMail account.
- New students are limited to 2 fully online courses.
- New students are eligible to begin during the Fall & Spring semesters only.
- Email or meet with your school counselor for verification of eligibility and a Dual Enrollment Form.
- Once the form is signed by student, parent, and school counselor, it can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the advising and registration process, or students can call 386-506-3602 to schedule an appointment. *All emails must be sent from the student's DSC FalconMail account.
- Returning students will be permitted to enroll in up to 4 fully online courses during the Spring 2021 semester.
Students admitted in Fall 2020 under the Emergency Order Additional Eligibility Criteria:
- If ENC1101 was taken in the Fall - you do not need to take reading/writing PERT - you may continue to ENC1102.
- If a DSC Math course was taken in the Fall, you do not need to take the Math PERT to continue to other Math courses.
- If you took classes other than Math & English, you will need to PERT to place into Math & English for Spring, but may continue taking courses that do not have Math/English pre or co-requisites without testing.
- If you met the Emergency Order criteria in the Fall but opted not to take Math and/or English you will need to PERT for the Spring.
Example 1: Students currently enrolled in only SLS1122 and wants to take ENC1101 in the Spring.
- Reading and Writing PERT required.
Example 2: Students currently enrolled in ENC1101 and SLS1122 and wants to take MAT1033 in the Spring.
- Math PERT required, no Reading/Writing necessary.
Example 3: Students currently enrolled in ENC 1101 and wants to take ENC1102 in the Spring
- No PERT required, eligible to take ENC1102.
Example 4: Students currently enrolled in only SLS1122 and wants to take PSY1012 in the Spring.
- No PERT needed, PSY1012 does not require ENC1101
Example 5: Student met the Math placement under the Emergency Order but didn’t take Math in the Fall.
- Math PERT required for Spring math enrollment.
Public school students - All book needs are handled by your school.
- Volusia County Students - Speak to the Textbook Coordinator at your school - all books and access codes are
provided by your zoned school.
- VOL students receive their books from their zoned school.
- Flagler County Students - Speak with your school counselor for details on book pickup for Spring - all books and access codes are provided by your school.
Private School Students - Students are responsible for purchasing their own instructional materials.
Test Score Requirements:
All students are required to submit and have college-ready test scores on file at Daytona State College for reading, writing and math to eligible to enroll. Any combination of eligible scores (see below) will be accepted.
- P.E.R.T. Study Information
- Department of Education - Dual Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions
- Comparison of Florida's Articulated Acceleration Programs (compares dual enrollment, AP, IB, and AICE)
- Dual Enrollment State of Florida Equivalency Guide
- Dual Enrollment Statement of Transfer Guarantees
- 2020-21 Volusia County Dual Enrollment Articulation Agreement
- 2020-21 Flagler County Dual Enrollment Articulation Agreement
- Daytona State College Catalog
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Program Guides
- Course Information/Descriptions
- Course Search/Availability
- Bright Futures - For information on qualifying for Bright Futures Scholarship
- FloridaShines.org - On Florida Shines you will find information on requirements to earn a standard high school diploma, information about courses that are valid to count towards high school requirements and college credits, and information on requirements for getting into college.
Eligible Private Schools for the 2020-21 Academic Year:
- Calvary Christian Academy
- Casa Montessori
- Center Academy
- Creative Pathways Preparatory Academy
- DeLand Preparatory Academy
- Father Lopez Catholic High School
- First Baptist Christian Academy
- Monarch Academy
- Reign Homeschooling Academy
- Sunrise Academy
- Warner Christian Academy
- XCEED Preparatory Academy
Don't see your school listed? Have your school contact us at email@example.com
Home School Parents: Please see our Home School website.
Email the advising staff at dualenrollment@DaytonaState.edu with any Dual Enrollment questions you may have. Please include your name and student ID number.